Uhhhh...was that IT???

   WhatitDO, family?

Well....that sure was disappointing, wasn't it? Sure seemed like the Orange Sphincter was headed towards the gallows, didn't it? Frankly, before I lie, and say that I didn't give a damn, I kinda did. I'm a little tired of being inundated with this cat running his damned mouth, talking trash, hypocritizing himself with every syllable, and basically "perpetrating a fraud", as we used to say, back in the day. It's become a time where blatant villainy is celebrated, encouraged and applauded, and if you DARE to speak out against it, you're bullied into having a weak-ass press conference, where you'll have to eat some humble pie, while uttering a weak ass apology. As the days go by, I get more, and more confused, as we're slowly becoming Bizarro World! Whatever happened to Americans? I hope that they come back real soon, because I sure do miss them! We're stuck with these puppets running around afraid to speak their minds, and stick to their guns, allying themselves with a criminal mind, because they're afraid to lose their jobs, CLAIMING to be "Americans". I'm starting to believe that the downfall of this civilization is gonna be this government. They're not a government for the people, they're a government for a FEW people, and for the banks, and for businesses practicing larceny, and felony under that guise. Definitely disappointing, but sadly, not unexpected. Just as I expect that he'll skate through another term, and after his term is done, and charges are swept under the rug, this country, which he's ravaging mercilessly, will forgive him, and embrace him, and return him to celebrity status, as he desires...no, as he CRAVES. U.S. needs to get it's shit together. If someone decides that they no longer want to be associated with me, based upon my viewpoints, that's fine. Just know that if THAT'S the basis of our friendship, then I guess we were never TRULY friends to begin with, and I TRULY wish you well, my friend, and I STILL will have mad love for you.We're in the midst of an unnamed Civil War, and mugs are totally oblivious. I'll tell you THIS much, I'M gonna continue plying my craft, perfecting my craft, and utilizing the gift that Yah has so generously blessed me with, in a way that will honor Him. Who's side am I on? YAH'S side, and when all is said and done, & all of the white-collar, suit-wearing criminals are settling down to serve in the nearest country club penal colony, the LORD is gonna hand out the sentences commensurate with the crimes committed. If man can't do it, you'd best believe that He will. I'm quite comfortable with that. No offense to Mr. Mueller, but the Lord's gonna show you how it's done.

   

Meanwhile...

   In times as turbulent as these, historically, you'll see a surge of creativity in art, music, and verse. Strangely, I don't see that happening. At least not in as grand a scale as it was during the Nixon/Vietnam years, where just about EVERYONE was protesting the war, racism, political corruption, etc. People like Jimi, Janis, The Doors, and artists like Peter Max, were all staples, and children of that turbulent time. Where are those types now? Everyone seems to be...settled. Civilized. Passive. Tranquilized. Resigned. Afraid. Seems like people are tired of the battle. As if they've waved their hands, and have learned to adapt to an unpalatable situation. I, for one, MISS the creativity that was born of strife. All I hear in music these days is, repackaged, and remanufactured. Computer shit. Where are the lush orchestrations of maestros like Barry White, and Isaac Hayes? Where are the congas, and bongos, mixed with flutes, violins, French horns, flugelhorns, sousaphones? Where's big band jazz gone to? Did vibe mastery die with Lionel Hampton? How many times are classic movies going to be re-made? WHY are classic movies being re-made? Are special effects REALLY that important? Even my beloved comics! The great writers from the past (most of whom are still alive), are having their works being raped by MOVIE screenwriters, with credit being begrudgingly given to the originators of these amazing tales, while they get a small PORTION of the pie! Even worse, the comics nowadays, are being written as future movie properties! Comics, and movies are two different animals, just like the Jaguar and the Leopard are. To the untrained eye, they may LOOK the same, but they're two different animals. Comics writers are being squeezed out in favor of screenwriters, a few of them who don't truly understand what comics are, OR their fans, for that matter. They've injected so much realism into comics that, at least to me, a comics fan, I no longer find them palatable. I'm from the tights, and cape era, and will always be a fan of that genre. Nowadays, you have superheroes wearing t-shirts, and jeans. DaFuq type of costume is THAT? I'll tell you this much; I'll do MY comics, MY way, because I likes them that way. In a time where we're STEEPED in "realism", a little escapism is NOT a bad thing (as long as it isn't alcohol, or narcotics-based escapism...I can't go for that, as Hall and Oates sang...) I like being original, unique, diverse, as well as dancing to the beat of my own drum. If that's played-out, then I guess I'll just have to be played-out. Strike up the band, and break out the horns. Originality, and uniqueness are always welcome, and celebrated in my world.

   Sac's dry, y'all. I just wanna remind you to remember that regardless of the current climate, you STILL have dreams and goals that need to be fleshed-out, fulfilled, and realized. You're amazingly blessed, and gifted, and it wasn't for no reason. Yah saw something in YOU that was special, and blessed you with a specific gift, and a specific assignment with which to utilize said gift. Stick to your guns, and stay the course because your rewards are on their way! If you quit today, you can't complain when someone claims your blessing tomorrow. Continue making the Lord proud, and The Adversary, afraid....

I love you all!💖💖💖

Comments